Cobalt Construction is currently seeking a Cost Engineer for the Los Angeles and/or Santa Monica area.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
Budgets and Forecasting
- Assist in the creation of project budgets and coding systems
- Track the project budget and cost commitments and report to appropriate parties in a timely manner
- Assist in the creation and analysis of internal general conditions budgets
- Assist project manager with cash flow projections
- Provide and develop accurate expenditure costs, forecasts and variance reports for the construction manager’s review
- Initiate the process and assist in the creation and maintenance of a general conditions budget and forecasts
- Review all general conditions invoices and code appropriately and in a timely manner
- Initiate the process and assist in the creation and administration /tracking of general condition purchase orders and processing them accordingly
- Code all project related credit card purchases for construction management review
Change Order Management
- Initiate the process and assist in the creation and administration /tracking of potential change orders
- Coordinate and assist in the negotiations potential change orders
- Initiate the process and assist in the creation and administration /tracking of change order requests
- Initiate the process and assist in the creation and administration /tracking of prime contract change orders
- Initiate the process and assist in the creation and administration /tracking of subcontract change orders
- Initiate the process and assist in the creation and administration /tracking of purchase orders
Pay Application to Owner
- Assemble documentation for pencil draws based on project contract and revise accordingly based on construction manager’s direction
- Assemble accurate and balanced pay application, back up etc. based on owner requirements and project contract.
- Create Purchase Orders to be included on the Pay App to Owner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong teamwork and independent work habits
- In-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with ability to use in varied situations
- Able to make effective decisions quickly and follow through with them
- Able to maintain excellent customer relations with client and represent the company to the developer, owner or architect.
- A working understanding of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred but not required
- Ability to craft and present potential change orders
- Has an understanding of contract documents and terms
- Has an understanding of contract plans and specifications
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
Please send resume to HR@cobaltcc.com to apply.