Cobalt Construction is currently seeking a Project Engineer in the Santa Monica area. This position is responsible for request for information, permits, coordinating traffic control, MSDS & IIPP and helping the Project Manager and Project Accountant in other various tasks.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
Requests for information (RFI)
- Assist in the creation of detailed requests for information to the owner; this includes the occasional generation and development of proposed answers on a case by case basis.
- Monitor, forward and track requests for information from various subcontractors
- Create and update dunning log for project
- Review RFI answers and distribute to the appropriate team members in a timely manner; close out RFI’s when appropriate
- Maintain RFI log in the field and on various e-filing systems
- Identify RFI’s that could have possible cost impacts and notify appropriate team members
- Assist in the collection of submittal information from subcontractors
- Assist in the creation of submittal packets to the architect/owner for their approval
- Track submittals from the receiver to approval against the submittal schedule
- Assist in the creation of a submittal register and maintain as needed
- Initiate the process and assist in the creation and administration / tracking of potential change orders, change order requests, prime contract change orders, subcontract change orders, and purchase orders.
- Verify quantities and unit pricing on subcontract change order requests
- Review subcontractor invoices with Project Manager for approval
- Review for accuracy, the pay application, back up etc. based on owner requirements and project contract
- Review Vendor Purchase Order invoices and code them according to the project SOV.
- Create Purchase Orders to be included on the Pay App to Owner
- Attend owner/architect/project team meetings and keep accurate meeting minutes
- Attend subcontractor/superintendent meetings and keep accurate meeting minutes
- Maintain customer relations and appropriately represent Cobalt Construction Company to outside parties
- Assist in the coordination of agency requirements and permit applications
- Maintain specification library as changes are approved
- Maintenance of field set of contract documents, specifications and plans
- Inspection and testing record maintenance
- Coordination of owner’s consultants, i.e. architect, construction managers etc.
- Create as-built set of drawings, as the project progresses, for ownership at close out of project
- Collect warranties and operation manuals for owner at close out of project
- Assist in the archiving (files and e-filing) of all project materials at the close out of the project
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe work environment
- Promptly correct and safety or health hazards
- Report accidents in a timely manner
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Good command of spreadsheet creation and manipulation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong teamwork and independent work habits
- In-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with ability to use in varied situations
- Able to make effective decisions quickly and follow through with them
- Able to read and interpret blueprints; some AUTOCAD or drafting experience needed
- Has an understanding of contract plans and specifications
Please send resume to HR@cobaltcc.com to apply.