Cobalt Construction is currently seeing a Project Manager for the Dallas, Texas area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide effective project management for multi unit projects, while insuring a quality product and maintaining the integrity of the company, which includes but is not limited to: direct link communications between clients, owners, developers, architects and subcontractors, ability to produce projects on time and on budget, marketing, project supervision and job cost evaluation.
- Interact with different departments to ensure compliance with company procedures and objectives
- Recruit, hire and train superintendants, assistant superintendants, project engineers, cost engineers, design engineers and review approve weekly time sheets
- Participate in culling candidate resumes, interviewing, assessing and recruiting construction management team members
- Effectively manage staff workload
- Approve payroll and conduct reviews of direct reports
- Objective Management
- Department Budget Preparations and Administration
- Walk job for quality, assure that all subs are meeting or exceeding all quality expectations.
- Review all project team work product to assure that it meetings or exceeding all contract and company requirements
- Provide the technical ability to review a set of drawings and documents and assist in answering technical questions from bidders or selected subcontractors;
- Conduct Value Engineering and provide design solutions to mitigate cost and constructability problems;
- Review subcontract scope of work;
- Review budgets and prepare budget forecasts
- Assist purchasing in scoping and in selecting subcontractors
- Interface with purchasing to insure timely submission of subcontracts and finalized budget;
- Review and become familiar with all aspects of the Owner/Contractor Prime Contract. Ensure that all contractor requirements are met and that the Owner/Contractor/Design team relationship and responsibilities are conducted in accordance with the agreement;
- Manage, report and negotiate the cost of potential change orders, change order requests, prime contract change orders, owner change orders, subcontract change orders, purchase orders, general Invoicing and owner billing;
- Supervise detailed take-offs of changed conditions, prepare subcontractor RFP’s, prepare acceptable change orders for approval by Owner
- Incorporate information from RFI’s into subcontractors scopes of work;
- Check that daily reports are being entered daily, author or approve all out going RFI’s, assure distribution and initiate cost or time impact to all answered RFI’s prepare and send notices to subcontractors for non compliance as required;
- Create Owner/Architect/Lender/Subcontractor correspondence;
- Attend meetings with architect, owner, and lender;
- Attend and support superintendent in weekly subcontractor meetings;
- Assure public agency coordination and prepare permit applications;
- Communication and management of project team including: Project Engineers, Cost Engineers, Superintendents and Construction Administrators;
- Solve problems in office and job-site to run project effectively;
- Inspect field conditions and identify problems, quality control compliance deficiencies and implement cost saving measures as needed;
- Make effective decisions quickly and follow through with them;
- Build good relationships with staff, subcontractors and clients.
- Promote positive and healthy relationship with ownership team;
- Conduct weekly project meetings;
- Explain to the owner any cost or scheduling issues, create change order requests as needed, submit V.E. suggestions as they are discovered, and write purchase orders for materials as needed;
- Issue final Certificate of Occupancy; submit all warranty, user manuals to owner for distribution. Assure all punch-list items are completed in a timely manner and that the Owner has accepted the work.
- Produce monthly Budget Analysis reports (Owner)
- Produce monthly General Conditions Indicated Outcome Reports
- Produce monthly project Budget Forecast Reports (internal Cobalt Construction Reporting)
- Maintain, Update and report “Construction Project Delay Reports”
- Initiate and substantiate delays to Ownership (Documentation of Critical Path)
- Focus project team on Critical Path tasks and implementation
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of required project deliverables in accordance with contract requirements
- Review and manage requests for information for submission to the consultant team;
- Coordinate preliminary schedules for construction and submittals, work to insure that the building schedule is closely adhered to, focus on critical path, and work through unforeseen issues to their resolution
- Manage, report and negotiate the cost of potential change orders, change order requests, prime contract change orders, owner change orders, subcontract change orders, purchase orders, general invoicing;
- In conjunction with cost engineering, prepare and approve monthly applications for payment and present monthly draw packages to the owner for their review and approval;
- Approve subcontract, vendor and supplier billings/invoices; A/P and General Conditions A/P;
- Supervise project staff conformance with company billing procedures;
- Approve all project expenditures;
- Audit job costs – conduct job cost analysis and variance reports;
- Quality control function of all project Change Order management including: Production, Tracking and Closing
- Develop cost engineering practices and train appropriately
- Insure project profitability.
- Review and Quality control function of all project submittals management including: Production, Tracking, Accuracy and Closing
- Manage client and consultant team approval of submittals.
- Assist architect & engineer in material specification and constructability;
- Leads and prioritize staff performing design review services
- Quality control function of all design engineer work product
- Establish and maintain safe work environment; adhere to safety and health rules;
- Promptly corrects safety deficiencies and violations;
- Assure that subcontractors adhere to company and OSHA safety regulations;
- Maintain good housekeeping and jobsite cleanliness;
- Promote “zero accident” work environment;
- This position will manage the document control, QA/QC, training, staff cost control, contract compliance and scheduling positions
- This position will also be responsible for mentoring and training members of construction management teams as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of the construction industry, means and methods, and universal building codes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and people, simultaneously
- Contract and change order negotiation / management experience
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read and define blueprints
- Develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications
- Experience with estimating and bidding projects
- Schedule preparation and implementation (critical path understanding)
- Ability to make cost effective decisions, quickly and easily
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with governmental agencies and pass inspections
- Four year degree in engineering or construction management, seven or more years experience in the construction industry, four to five years in a management capacity. Should have experience with planning, scheduling, and cost engineering.
- Computer including MS Windows, Word, Excel, Explorer, Prolog, Sure Track and Outlook. Ability to operate and work with general office equipment such as copier, telephone, fax, calculator, and/or typewriter.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as prime and subcontract agreements, project specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of math logic, basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must follow all safety requirements relating to the handling and operating of office equipment when performing assigned duties.
Please send resume to HR@cobaltcc.com to apply.